With ads, of course.
All work and no rest doesn’t only make you dull, it also makes you less effective at your job. But your brain doesn’t think that checking Facebook counts as downtime. Here’s why.
People who find the act of being creative as a trait of other people are often believing so out of laziness. They find comfort in working the way they do, and when somebody else comes along who wants to work differently: they re-act by saying ‘we’ll that’s just not me.’
Proprietary app stores are stifling innovation
Proprietary app stores from Apple and Google are today’s version of CompuServe and AOL — walled gardens stopping the spread of digital content and ideas. The history of the Web suggests that these walls need to come down.
The month of retrospectives is here. But even better, December is the month of predictions—the time when you need to carefully file links for later claim chowder.
Tableau Software’s predictionstrends for 2014:
- The end of data scientists.
- Cloud business intelligence goes mainstream.
- Big data finally goes to the sky.
- Agile business intelligence extends its lead.
- Predictive analytics, once the realm of advanced and specialized systems, will move into the mainstream.
- Embedded business intelligence begins to emerge in an attempt to put analytics in the path of everyday business activities.
- Storytelling becomes a priority.
- Mobile business intelligence becomes the primary experience for leading-edge organizations.
- Organizations begin to analyze social data in earnest.
- NoSQL is the new Hadoop.
I hope they don’t really mean the 1st one.
Original title and link: Top 10 trends in Business Intelligence for 2014 from Tableau Software (NoSQL database©myNoSQL)
As we experience more of the unpleasant realities of the Affordable Care Act, Americans are questioning, finally, the forthrightness and honesty of their president in his selling of this law.
Creative work is not a selfish act or a bid for attention on the part of the actor. It’s a gift to the world and every being in it. Don’t cheat us of your contribution. Give us what you’ve got.
Google has revealed that some of its server clusters have taught themselves to recognize real-world objects on their own.
Meanwhile, nationally known health insurance providers like United Healthcare, Aetna, Cigna and Coventry are staying out of the Obamacare exchange marketplaces.
And a CNN/ORC International survey released Monday morning also indicates that 53% of Americans now believe that Obama is not honest and trustworthy, the first time that a clear majority in CNN polling has felt that way.